General information for Housekeepers
What are the duties and responsibilities of a housekeeper?
- To ensure a home is kept organised, clean and tidy
- Keep on top of the laundry, ironing and wardrobe management
- Running errands and organising the home
- Driving (do the necessary shopping and school runs etc.)
- Deal with the tradesmen that may come to the house and oversee their work
- Specialist skills, such as care of a couture wardrobe or antiques and other artefacts
- Pet care
What skills do you need to be a good housekeeper?
- The ability to spot what needs doing in a home
- Creating systems if and when needed and/or maintaining them
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Product/fabric/surface knowledge
Please complete a housekeeper or Au Pair in Ireland registration form by clicking here.